Ideas for photoshoots

A trip out anyone?
Lisa

Ideas for photoshoots

Post by Lisa » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi,
I've been compiling a list of places to visit over the next month(s) with our cameras whilst we are unable to meet in person at the Hythe Community Centre.
With a little help from Alison, this is my list so far.

Bures Dragon and St. Stephens Church plus a visit to medieval painting of dragon in nearby Wiston Church if time permits.
The creeks and boats of Tollesbury and/or St. Osyth.
Marks Hall (Tuesday - Sunday 10am - 5pm £6)
Kentwell Hall (Booking needed in advance open 12-4 last entry 3 £10.75 Wednesday to Sunday until the 27th Sep)
Daws Hall - not sure if open so I have written to them
Shingle Street

Please feel free to suggest any more.

I am on my hols from 11th to 16th but when I return Alison and I thought we might do the Bures Dragon - is any one else interested?

Trevor

Re: Ideas for photoshoots

Post by Trevor » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:11 pm

Hi Lisa, some great suggestions there. I would be interested in the Bure Dragon, I wasn’t even aware there was one. I thought they’d all died out in Middle Ages 🤣
I’m always up for a trip to Marks Hall. Shingle Street I’ve always wanted to do so I’d be interested in that. Great suggestions 👍🏻
Trevor

Jim Spurgeon

Post by Jim Spurgeon » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi Lisa.

Definitely interested in Bures Dragon. I have been (with Ian one evening) and he is mighty impressive but unfortunately St Stephens Chapel was closed at the time. I vowed I must return when its open as it looks very interesting inside. I did comment to Ian that it was Lisa's kind of place 🤣.
Tollesbury would work with me better than St Osyth but obviously happy to go with the flow.

Jim

Ian-Raymant

Post by Ian-Raymant » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:57 pm

Hi Lisa,

All are good for me but now the evenings are pulling in I can only do weekends sadly.
Be good to get out together though, Shingle Street is my number 1.

The Bures Dragon is impressive and if the Chapel is open I believe that is really interesting too.
Great suggestions, thanks.

Best wishes
Ian

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:46 am

Trevor wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:11 pm
Hi Lisa, some great suggestions there. I would be interested in the Bure Dragon, I wasn’t even aware there was one. I thought they’d all died out in Middle Ages 🤣
I think it's really impressive and little known even in this area. You will be in for a nice surprise :). I will have a look at the Photographers Ephemeris and find out where the sun will be at this time of year.

There is a local myth of an unknown creature lurking in the Bures valley eating sheep etc described as a dragon or a giant serpent in ancient times. Have you read the Essex Serpent? I hear they are now making a film of it with Kiera Knightly in the lead role.https://variety.com/2020/streaming/glob ... 234746651/
Jim Spurgeon wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:40 pm
Definitely interested in Bures Dragon. I have been (with Ian one evening) and he is mighty impressive but unfortunately St Stephens Chapel was closed at the time.
They now keep the church locked but there is a telephone number on the door which I have somewhere so you can ask them if they wouldn't mind opening it up for you.

Richie

Post by Richie » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:57 pm

Does anyone fancy trying some wire wool spinning, the evenings are drawing in and temperatures not to cold! So a good time of the year for this sort of thing.
Attachments
DSC09264.JPG
DSC09264.JPG (517.57 KiB) Viewed 38 times